Many thanks to Quixotic Reflections for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination. I am honored and pleased! The fantastic blogs that I nominate for this award, in no particular order, are:
1. Kevin’s Blog
Apologies if a nominee considers these “chain mail” awards as spam. If so, please ignore and forgive. I’m still in the place where, when anyone reads my blog let alone takes the time to recognize it, I’m thrilled. Also, I like the idea of bringing more attention to interesting minds out there.
Rules of the award for those nominated, if they choose to accept, are as follows:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs (I’m a rule breaker, as I’m nominating 9 in this post. Partly because Quixotic Reflections nominated a bunch that I would nominate, and partly because I’m trying to choose carefully … ).
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Seven things about me:
1. I was a cheerleader in high school. Serious stuff — we went to camps and competed and did pretty well for a tiny private school squad.
2. The summer between my Freshman and Sophomore years in high school, I bought a bag of Harlequin romances for a dollar and read them all within about two weeks. It was like crack; I couldn’t stop.
3. I went topless on a beach in Saint Tropez when I was 19, until I saw the naked Germans making out next to me. The word “Orangina,” as shouted by the beach hawkers walking by, still makes me cringe a little.
4. I’m terrible at picking out gifts.
5. I learned to alpine ski when I was 23 and to water ski when I was 35.
6. Even thought I live in the mountains, I’ve only hiked one fourteener.
7. I enjoy fly fishing, although I need a lot more practice.